Avery Weigh-Tronix recognizes that as a major international business using large quantities ofenergy and raw materials, it has a responsibility to protect the environment through the use of processes, practices, materials or products that avoid, reduce or control environmental damage.
Avery Weigh-Tronix will:
- Fully comply with all relevant statutory requirements through the implementation and maintenance of appropriate management systems, including ISO 14001.
- Set environmental business objectives and targets for improvement, which will be regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Minimize the levels of emissions to air, land and water.
- Increase employee awareness and active involvement in environmental matters through continuous training.
- Increase the efficient use of energy and raw materials and minimize waste through increased re-use and recycling.
- Carry out audits of environmental performance and use the audit results as a basis for improvement actions.
- Encourage our suppliers to make a commitment to environmental standards.
- Operate a “good neighbor” policy and foster openness and dialogue with other local organizations to ensure an active response to their environmental concerns.
Declaration of WEEE Obligations (Written Methodology Statement)