Any ‘Bridge’, Anywhere, Any Time
With over 140 weighbridges/truck scales operating nationwide, Aggregate Industries UK needed a maintenance provider that it could rely on. In addition to weighing aggregates, each ‘bridge monitors tens of thousands of tonnes of asphalt every year and has to maintain accurate performance in demanding conditions.
The company was using a number of different suppliers to service and calibrate its weighbridges/truck scales, which made it onerous to track performance, monitor ‘bridge quality and identify replacement sites.
In an effort to streamline this process, the company chose Avery Weigh-Tronix as its sole service provider. James Cousins, Aggregate Industries’ Head of Procurement said, “We needed a partner that could maintain all of our weighbridges/truck scales nationwide, regardless of their age, condition, make or model. Avery Weigh-Tronix had this capability and a good servicing record, which was fundamental in choosing the company as our preferred supplier.”
The new contract is fully inclusive with a team of more than two hundred dedicated service technicians available to provide support across the UK and Eire. As a minimum service standard, engineers will respond to a breakdown within four hours and have the weighbridge operational again within 24 hours. They can also handle calibration and planned equipment maintenance.
The advantages of this support can be summarized as:
- A single point of contact for all service issues– saving time, effort and cost.
- Excellent geographical coverage and response times– vital for sites that only have one bridge and cannot risk downtime.
- Reports produced on the volume and type of breakdowns and spare parts used, which helps clients to focus on improving particular sites andto schedule replacements.
- Engineers can maintain all ‘bridges, whatever their condition.
- Avery Weigh-Tronix can interface between the weighbridge data and IT-based business systems.
Service and maintenance contract
Aggregate Industries chose a fully-inclusive contract, which includes:
- Emergency visits, repairs and verification.
- Planned maintenance.
- Regular calibration.
- Support from a national response centre operating 24/7, 365 days a year.
- The contract covers a mixture of weighbridges including steel and concrete and associated equipment from various manufacturers.