Job Title: Field Service Technician – ROI
Department: Ireland Field Service
Location: Mobile operating from Company Vehicle – Republic of Ireland (Cork)
Salary: up to €28,000 per annum dependent on qualifications, experience, skill-set and performance during selection process
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time – 37 on-site hours per week Monday to Friday
Employee Benefits: 26 days annual holiday days per annum, plus bank holidays as appropriate plus an enhanced Corporate ITW Company Pension Scheme
Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world’s leading global suppliers of weighing solutions. With over 250 years of experience, the company designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad range of high quality industrial products and weighing systems. Owned by Illinois Tool Works (ITW), Avery Weigh-Tronix incorporates some of the best known and longest-established companies in the weighing industry.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Field-based Service Technician to join our Ireland Direct business. Within this role the successful candidate will work alongside our highly skilled Regional Service team in the above area and surrounding postcode districts.
To work as part of a Regional Service team to provide our customers with an excellent level of service which is technically competent and helps our customers to effectively maintain the performance of their test, measurement and specialist weighing equipment.
Pre-requisites to apply:
Eligibility: Applicants must be currently eligible to work in Ireland and Northern Ireland and possess a full Ireland / UK driving licence
Qualifications: 5 pass grades for Junior certificate, or equivalent, to include Maths and English, Relevant Higher / Advanced certificate in Mechanical / Electrical field, or equivalent. Diploma or equivalent qualification in Mechanical / Electrical, Passport to Safety and/or Confined Space certifications are all desirable
Experience: 1-3 years practical experience in a similar role and/or within a Service driven, customer-focused environment is desirable
- A positive and enthusiastic team member with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent Customer Service delivery skills with the confidence to work independently within a mobile role alongside a filed-based team
- Have a strong focus on high quality service delivery with a natural desire to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Sees Health & Safety in the workplace as high priority and leads by example to continually improve safety focus in everything they do
- Possess enthusiasm to learn, continually improve and use technical knowledge
- Good ability to network and interact with people at all levels to build strong team-working relationships
- Remains calm and focussed when working in a pressurised and fast-paced environment
- Ability to stock control efficiently and protect all Company equipment
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- In line with our ‘model visit’ effectively represent the Avery Weigh-Tronix brand in terms of appearance, conduct and communication.
- To provide effective and technically competent breakdown and preventative maintenance services to test, measurement and specialist products and systems at a variety of sites.
- To calibrate test, measurement and specialist products and systems at customer premises.
- To identify and communicate to our customers, solutions to problems they encounter with the performance of their test, measurement and specialist equipment. Such solutions to include, but not be limited to, new product sales, repairs, alternative solutions as per proposition coverage levels, new software and/or hire solutions.
- To identify changes to individual customer contracts in terms of equipment covered, customer contact information and site requirements. Ensuring that such changes are authorised by the customer and that the company’s electronic and paper systems are updated accordingly.
- To maintain accurate records (which may be paper-based or electronic) at all times so that the Business may determine contract profitability and engineer productivity.
- To be responsible for the accurate management of spare parts stock to ensure a high level of first time fix.
- To accurately administer Chargeable repairs in-line with Business requirements.
- This is a field-based role. While the individual is part of a regional field team they will normally be working alone in customer sites and all works will usually be carried out through customer visits for 5 days a week.
- Due to our extensive customer base and service contract provisions, full pre-employment checks will be undertaken for the successful candidate offered a position. These pre-employment checks may include; eligibility to work in the Republic of Ireland, Employment Referencing (up to 5 years), Full Ireland / UK Driving Licence check, basic Criminal Record check, Medical Screening, Professional Memberships, Qualifications and Certification checks.
Make an Application
To apply and be considered for a position, applicants should email their CV and accompanying covering letter to the HR Recruitment Team, at AWTXHRA@AWTX-ITW.com
All applications will be fully considered, however please note that due to the number of applications we receive we will only be able to contact you should your application meet the pre-requisite requirements for the role, as noted above.
Avery Weigh-Tronix is an Equal Opportunities Employer.