Avery Weigh-Tronix recognizes that as a major international business using large quantities ofenergy and raw materials, it has a responsibility to protect the environment through the use of processes, practices, materials or products that avoid, reduce or control environmental damage.
The company is committed to the improvement of its environmental performance, increasing the efficient use of its resources and energy and minimizing waste and harmful emissions.
Avery Weigh-Tronix will:
- Fully comply with all relevant statutory requirements through the implementation and maintenance of appropriate management systems, including ISO 14001.
- Set environmental business objectives and targets for improvement, which will be regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Minimize the levels of emissions to air, land and water.
- Increase employee awareness and active involvement in environmental matters through continuous training.
- Increase the efficient use of energy and raw materials and minimize waste through increased re-use and recycling.
- Carry out audits of environmental performance and use the audit results as a basis for improvement actions.
- Encourage our suppliers to make a commitment to environmental standards.
- Operate a “good neighbor” policy and foster openness and dialogue with other local organizations to ensure an active response to their environmental concerns.
Please click here to see our Declaration of WEEE Obligations (Written Methodology Statement)